Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Are we there yet?

"Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
Matthew 12:22

Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus healed the man right then and there. He didn't wait to put him on a prayer list then to take it out 3 days later and say "oh yeah, I've got to pray for this man". So we should be like Jesus and don't stop at the praying part, we need to take it a step further.
********************************************
We are getting ready to go to Loren's sisters house in St. Louis Missouri. We are meeting up with his other sister and his brother in Tulsa then following each other the rest of the way.

Loren is pretty excited. Well at least he WAS excited until he got sick. I'm really not looking forward to driving 8 or more hours while he's sick. That's all I'm going to say.

The boys are still excited. Zach is even coming with us. That's a shocker because now that he's 18, he doesn't want to go places with us. I wonder how he'll feel an hour into the road trip when he realizes there is NO mute button to quiet the boys.

The boys packed their own bags and here is a description of what they packed. We are going to be gone 3 nights and 4 days.
6 underwear
4 pajamas
4 white t shirts
3 boxers
4 shorts
5 jeans
too many to count shirts
lots of socks to count as well (some don't even have the pair, I can hear them in the drawer saying 'don't forget me')
a BOX of toys filled with Lego's, action figures and can't forget Thomas the Train
a sleeping bag
a blanket
2 pillows
the entire collection of DVDs

This is just from one boys suitcase. The other boy has the same amount of stuff plus a little more.

Maybe I can leave them up there for a while. They have enough stuff :)

I on the other hand haven't packed a thing.

Because I'm a procrastinator and I work better under pressure. I'm sure that I'll be packing until the wee hours of the night getting ready to leave bright and early the next day.

Usually our road trips take a turn for National Lampoons Vacations, so I'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments:

counter