Thursday, December 17, 2009

The joys of science experiments

I bought a science experiment for the boys that I knew they would enjoy doing. Simply because it was about digestion. Come on, who doesn't get excited learning about digestion?
After they completed all the other assignments I gave them, they got all the stuff ready to make the experiment.
My biggest problem with the boys is getting them to follow the instructions carefully and to have patience. Two criteria that are not in my boys agenda.
"Can we get this started please?"

With my supervision, they proceed to add ingredients to the bag, also known as stomach.


"Hmmmm, I wonder what would happen if I pulled that out of his hands"

The tricky part was getting them to wait to add the warm water in the bag. Slowly. I finally had to take over and add the water myself. Then we waited as we watched the bag,stomach, fill up and go down the tube, small intestine. Interesting.



"Look mom, poop!!!!"

Yes, that's poop. Not real, but the experiment was to show them how the stomach digests the food. It was pretty interesting and the most important thing was that it kept the boys entertained. So much that they wanted to do it again. And again. And again.

Isn't it amazing that this cheap experiment would entertain kids so much? Kids are so easily amused.




No comments:

counter