Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I did it!!

I did recover from the twisted ankle. And proceeded to continue on towards my goal of running more than a minute without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I had been discouraged last week. Discouraged because in my mind I didn't calculate my age plus the fact that I hadn't been physically active for a long time.

I only saw me running 3 miles on the first day. That's when my body went into shock.

As I began training for the 5k I started slow. And I was supposed to pick up minutes every week, but excuses and obstacles came barreling towards me.

On and off I'd run/walk down my hilly road. I'd make it up to 10 minutes (don't know how far) and then I'd stop.

So last week, I was disappointed in myself because I was only at 5 hard minutes. I'd do sprints up and down the hills along with the running.

Yesterday I did it!!!!

I ran 2 whole miles without stopping. I know I probably could have kept going but didn't want to push it. The furthest I had run was almost a mile.

I did talk to several people who run this hilly roadside and at the gym and they said that the gym is much easier to run at.

I guess I was doing good with what I was doing outside. Even if it meant not running as long.

I even ran the 2 miles in about 17 minutes. That is a big accomplishment for me.

I'm hoping to add on another mile by the end of the week.

See? Gloria Gaynor was right "I did survive"

3 comments:

leb said...

Way to go!!! I am afraid I will be running way behind you in the 5K. But keep up the good work. You go girl!!!!

Kari said...

Woohoo! How exciting! I haven't even started exercising yet! I'm going to get there, but your inspiring me, keep it going!

Anonymous said...

The word Run scares me..lets use..turbo walk..that does sound much better!

counter