Thursday, February 5, 2009

My legs are throwing a pity party

When I decided last year to do some getting back in shape stuff this year, my mind was whooping and hollering. In a good way.

My body, especially my legs were telling my mind that it was crazy. It was the most ludicrous thing they had ever heard.

But my mind didn't listen, it kept picturing the way I ran back when I was in High School and keeping positive thoughts about how I could do it again.

With a little extra hard work.

My legs were the first to complain. They were not liking that one bit.

I started in January and my legs threw a temper tantrum. Much like the tantrums that toddlers throw when they don't get that candy at the store.

Unfortunately, my legs weren't the only ones that threw that tantrum. It seemed like my entire insides did too. My lungs complained that they couldn't catch their breath, my kidney's said they hurt, my bladder said it couldn't hold it that long and my heart, boy, my heart said that it felt like it was going to break.

My legs were encouraging all these other body parts. Telling my mind what they thought about the whole thing.

My mind kept thinking positive thoughts and listening to good songs in order to ignore the tantrums.

Last week was not a good week. Ice everywhere. Ice on my house. Ice on my plants. Ice on my sidewalk. Ice on my driveway and ice on the roads.

I did what my body wanted me to do. I ate and ate and ate all the bad foods and didn't exercise inside the comfort of my own home.

I sure did pay for that on Monday when I started back again. I've been running/walking outside my house and my land is hilly. Those hills are brutal. Punishing my legs to feel pain they hadn't felt in a long time.

My kidney, bladder and heart were upset with my legs because they were actually enjoying the exercise and have come to be one with my mind.

Now it seems that my legs have recruited another part to join them in this opposition.

My hiney.

My hiney agrees with my legs. They mostly complain when I do the sprints up the hills.

Last night they complained while I was trying to sleep. Guess they thought they could teach me a lesson.

I'm not giving in. I'm going to fight 'till the end.

All I'm going to say is "Legs and Hiney, Hit me with your best shot!!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPERMODEL! :)

leb said...

Tylenol pm

Anonymous said...

massssage?

Im too cheap-----my body hates that Im cheap, errr, frugal.

counter