Friday, October 9, 2009

Me and My Mouth Before my Caffeine



The alarm beeps, or should I say, makes annoying sounds at 6:00 in the morning. I roll over and Hubster pushes the snooze button. This goes on for another 20 minutes. He finally gets out of bed. I lay in bed contemplating whether I should pretend I'm asleep or get my hiney up and make him breakfast.
Now, before you think I'm the wonderful wife. Let me tell you, I am no June Cleaver. I do not have a smile on my face while doing this so called wonderful thing for my husband. I make him breakfast because of his diabetes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I usually get up and quietly and alone proceed to make breakfast. Usually breakfast tacos of some sort. I'm alone in the kitchen, no one to talk to me, no one to distract me and I'm great with that. Simply because I need my caffeine in the mornings. Caffeine in the form of an ice cold coca-cola. Caffeine that is usually not ice cold at 6:30 in the morning because someone (me) forgot to put it in the fridge the night before. Caffeine that is stuck in the freezer getting super cold, super quick.
One day this past week, I was in a not so good mood. I let other people get to me especially at 6:30 in the morning. I was thinking about something that someone did and that got me riled up. I then took it out on Hubster. I didn't hold back. I told him what I thought about the situation.
I had forgotten that when I haven't had my caffeine, I am a not so nice person. I say things without thinking them through. I say things that are hurtful. I don't ask God to shut my mouth.
Hubster went on to work and I grabbed my can of coca-cola that I had stuck in the freezer and I went to sit down and have a talk with God. Just me, my coke and God.
It's funny how He never says, "I told you so" or "why did you do that" or "are you stupid or something?"
He shows us in a loving way how how we were wrong, and then He waits for us to acknowledge it ourselves.
Well, while I was spending time with Him, I realized what I had done and said and knew that I was wrong. And I am never wrong. Ha Ha Ha, that was a joke.
I did the right thing and called Hubster and apologized.
I have to remember that I can't control other people. I can't have that hang up in my life.
All I can say is that I'm glad I have a loving Heavenly Father who showers me with His Grace and Mercy on a daily basis. Even though I don't deserve it.

No comments:

counter