Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To the lady who was speeding at Wal-Mart

Dear Speed Racer,

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but striped lines in front of the doors at the grocery store mean that pedestrians are walking and you should SLOW down.

Now, I'm no expert on line color and line details, but I do know that when you are driving and you see people walking with grocery bags in their hands or in the their shopping carts, you should slow down and not try to run them over.

The only reason that I didn't roll my shopping cart in your path is because my kids were with me. And I don't want them to think that it's OK to do that.

The only reason that I didn't walk straight onto your path and end up on your hood is because I was trying to keep my kids from getting run over.

So be prepared speed racer lady, next time you come zooming in front of me be hoping that I don't have my kids with me because I will jump out in front of you. And if you don't stop, then I will end up as your hood ornament and hold on for dear life as you either speed up
or stop and see if I have damaged your beautiful speeding car.

But don't be surprised if my shopping cart full of groceries paid for with Hubster's hard earned money ends up accidentally hitting your beautiful speeding car. It won't be my fault, the slope of the road made it go down by itself.

I'm warning you speed racer lady, be afraid , be very afraid.

Signed,
angry mom with two kids who you almost ran over at the grocery store

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pedestrian...next time I will leave no witnesses...heh :) ..

Tiffany said...

Sorry you about got run over. I don't think I'm guilty of speeding in the parking lot, but I have been guilty of speeding with my shopping cart in the store.

counter