Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just a little rambling

I've sort've been on a vacation from posting. I just needed it. Besides, nothing interesting has happened here.

On the morning of the 5th, Hubster receives a phone call at almost 6am to tell him that a car had crashed into their office building and police needed him there. We find out later that a girl was driving and ran off the road, ran into the 6 ft fence, actually ran through it, and ended up in the warehouse part of the building when she crashed into the forklift. She apparantly fell asleep.

Later that evening, we had a get together at a friends house. They were going to have a huge fireworks display when it got dark. It was very good too. Probably one of the best fireworks shows I've seen in a while. It even lasted a good 20 minutes. The boys have always been frightened, but they did well.

On the way home at almost 11pm, the boys were exhausted and were falling asleep. I put on some 80's music, because you just can't go wrong with that kind of music. We ended up listening to Madonna's Get into the Groove song. We were jammin'. I had that radio cranked up as loud as we could handle it. When we got home and I turned the radio off, the boys were disappointed.

Anyway, yesterday in the car, we were playing a game. UB had some points and I had some as well. As I was driving, I kept getting more points. AB said, "Gosh mom, you are getting into the groove just like the song said" I thought that was pretty funny.

I've been helping at church with VBS. We live in a small community and it's just awesome to see that their are over 2oo kids attending VBS. I'm just helping in crafts, but almost all those kids come through the craft rotation. I'm pretty tired by the time 12 rolls around. So I just come home, and just want to chill. But today I can't because Hubster has been out of town and is coming home. Which means that I have to clean my house before he comes home. I have to make it look like I've actually been doing something while he's been gone. Hi Honey!

No comments:

counter