Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The ugly birds that grew up

This is the second batch of swallows. The first batch was back in May. Mom and Dad swallow sure have been busy.

They are so ugly, that they are cute. That fuzzy hair on the top. The wrinkly neck. Big oversize mouth for their little bodies. All wanting mom to come take care of them. A mother's job is never done.

I think this time, these little birds are learning Spanish. Want to know how I know? Because here they were saying, "Ai, Ai, Ai, Ai"

Here, he's got some back up while he holds that note. He's actually rolling the tongue to make that rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound. I think I even heard some Mariachi music in the background.


The sad look on that one means that his rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's got mixed up with a bug that mom came and dropped in his mouth. The other ones are still holding their notes.


But see, then in a couple of weeks they grow up to be pretty little birds. I think they are used to me with my camera. They don't even budge. They just sit there and think that here comes the weird lady.

All six of them have flown the coop. I tell them that I'm their Aunt. All they say is "Eres loca"
(you're crazy)







No comments:

counter