Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm going au naturale..............

my hair that is.

I have decided to let my hair show it's gracefulness and wisdom. I'm letting my hair grow out to it's natural gray and whatever color is still left in my roots.

I mean, I used to have brown hair, but as I got older and the gray started coming out, it got darker. But for years I have colored it brown and have to go every three weeks to 'touch up' the roots.

I'm tired of being a slave to my hair.

Hubster has always been encouraging me to let my hair grow naturally. No, I would say, I'm only 35 or 36 or 37.

But now that I'm 39. Yikes! I've decided to go for it.

It's actually funny to watch people's reactions when I tell them that I'm going gray.

It's even funnier to watch their face as they are talking to you. It's sort of like when you have a big booger or pimple on your face and the person talking to you doesn't want to tell you, but keeps staring at it.

Well, that's how it is. When people talk to me, their eyes casually drift up to my hair. I guess my new grays are excited that they get to go out into town and they are having a party. These people will then quickly look back at my face, but then later, their eyes drift up again to the party on my head.

I think it's sad that society thinks that you can't have gray hair unless you are 80 something. If you have gray hair you are automatically classified as an old person and they start making nursing home arrangements.

I know that in a small town like I live in, there are not very many 'young' people with gray hair. If you are a man, you look distinguished. What about when you are a lady?

I will post pictures later as I let my hair grow out. I'm actually excited to do this. I know that it will take some time before it all comes out, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy the party that my hairs are throwing.

2 comments:

SUNSHINE MOM said...

I'm 35 and these starggly grey hairs have been sneaking up on me for at least 5 years...my stylist thinks I should cover them up...nope I'm not going that route just yet....like you said-you get to be a slave to your hair.

Anonymous said...

The silver-haired head [is] a crown of glory, [If] it is found in the way of righteousness.
Proverbs 16:31

You will look great, just as you do now. I can't wait to see the pictures!

counter