Monday, May 18, 2009

3 miles in 28 min. Wooo Hooo!!

For the last week and a half, I have done nothing.

I haven't been eating right and I definitely haven't been exercising.

It seems that when that dreaded unwanted monthly visitor is arriving, my body rebels. It wants to eat what it wants and it will only function with sweets and fried foods. It certainly doesn't want to work off this bad food.

Hubster took the boys for a while Saturday morning and I was going to do nothing. Again. Nothing but lay in bed in my pajamas. It didn't matter that I had 5 loads of laundry to wash and dry and another 3 loads that needed to be put away. I was not going to do anything.

Then Hubster called and needed me to take him something. So much for not doing anything.

I get in my workout clothes thinking that since I'm out, I'll go to the gym and run a little. My mind was playing games with me but in the end, my strong will won.

I was only going to run two miles. I hadn't ran in a while and didn't want to hurt myself. At least that's what I was telling myself. It sounded like a good excuse.

I had my ipod on and was listening to some tunes and I looked down at my nike+ and saw that I had already ran two miles. Let's go for three, I told my body.

So I ran three miles in 30 min. Then I went down to the little weight room and lifted weights for about 15 min. It felt good to have all that sweat pouring out of me. Not that I lost any weight.

This morning, I got up early and went back to the gym. This time I ran three miles in 28 min. I'd like to shorten my three mile runs to 24 min, but this is a big improvement for me.

Eventually, I'd like to increase my miles and run longer. My mind and my legs are just now starting to get along well, so I'll give them some time to adjust to this.

I'm off to get ready for the last three days of school and to plan my good eats for the day. Starting off with a bowl of muesli.

I'll leave you with a UB moment.
I was in my lounge wear (t-shirt/bra and pajama bottoms) on Saturday afternoon. The boys and I were making some craft they had been wanting to do for a while.

UB adjusts my shirt in the front and says "Mom, you need to fix your shirt, your crack is showing"

2 comments:

leb said...

Yay for you!! running and running fast, your amazing.
LOL I love that kid.

Kari said...

Keep up the good work and somehow your mind and your body start to think alike, although I still find I have another mind that wants to tell me to sit it out, but I don't. Too funny of a comment from UB!

counter