Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Food for me?

For exercise today, I did some pilates. Good grief, those exercises hurt. Makes you use your core. My core? I don't have a core, I think the fat is hiding it behind the door.
One day soon I'm going to find that core.

I decided that if I posted what I ate then I am more liable to eat better. Sure don't want y'all to see the unhealthy chicken fried steaks I eat. Loaded with gravy and huge steak fries on the side.

For breakfast, I had my usual bowl of oatmeal. I used to not be a big fan of oats but it's actually yummy now. I think I'm going to start adding some almond butter to it as well. The Almond milk makes it a little sweet. I like it not sweet. You could add Splenda or Agave Nectar too.
1/4 c oats
1/2 c almond milk
3 TBL flaxseed
blueberries
walnuts


For lunch, I had a tuna pita. I like these things. I reeeeeaaaaallly like these things. I put tuna in mine, along with lettuce, tomato and I couldn't forget the avacado. Avacado is a must on everything. In my opinion. The pita is an Ezekial whole grain sprouted pita. Very delicious. I think it would have been better with some baby spinach, but I forgot to buy some at the store.

See this scrumptulous food? Makes you hungry huh?

I did have watermelon for dessert and then carrot juice for a drink. Freshly juiced carrots.

For snack, I had this Nut bar. I think it's one of my favorite kinds right now. It's not sweet, but it's got enough sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth.


Dinner was a salad. That nut bar filled me up but I knew that I had to eat something. I made me a salad with leaf lettuce, boiled egg white, tomato, cucumber and then some shredded chicken. I forgot my flaxseed but oh well.
I normally eat salads without dressing but last night I wanted some spunk. I juiced one lemon and added some cayenne pepper. Poured it over my salad and presto, tasty salad.


So that's what I had all day yesterday.
The boys played out in the rain and brought some mud into the house. While I was cleaning it up, UB and the 3 yr old neighbor boy came inside to hand me some fresh picked wild flowers.
Sweet boys.
Until tomorrow.


1 comment:

Kari said...

Looking good! Like Corey said, do you deliver? I don't think I would like the carrot juice though, everything else is okay!

counter