Thursday, May 14, 2009

A trip to the State Capital

You know what is the best thing for a day of hormones kicking it up in full gear?

A brownie fudge sundae.

Just kidding. It's a big hug and kiss and a sincere "I Love You mom, You are the best" from your child. Everything seems better after that.

Anyway, don't have pictures of my food. I've been too lazy to download and post. I'll post tomorrow.

I have had plenty of yummy food. Most good, some not good for me. But all so tasty.

We went on a field trip to the State Capital on Tue. It was so much fun. I never thought I'd say that History is fun because I am the one that flunked history and government in High School and College.

Even though the kids were young, our tour guide, the secretary for our State Senator, made it very interesting for them. She even had them role play so that they could understand how a law becomes a bill and trying to get them to understand checks and balances.

I do believe they all enjoyed themselves. We were able to meet Our House of Representative and our State Senator. The man this is our House Representative goes to our church so we already knew him, but were able to talk to him about Home school issues.

The State Senator talked to the kids first. He was sweet in that he commended us parents for Homeschooling and said wonderful things about Homeschooling. It makes you feel good to know that someone is behind you.

The Representative was as well. His wife was a Missions Kid and was Home schooled. He was a public school teacher and coach, so he has the knowledge on both ends.

All in all, it was a great day at the Capital.

Yesterday was spent mostly catching up on what should have been done Tue. It was a rough day in school. Both boys acted like they didn't know what they were being taught, when in fact it was just review. Days like that make me feel inadequate. My self-doubt sets in. All the pressure from the public seeps in takes over my thoughts. I question myself whether I'm actually teaching correctly. Am I not getting the point across the correct way? Am I doing the right thing?

We took a little break until after lunch and then continued with school. It was much better. The boys suddenly remembered how to do the lesson and all was good. Then the insecurities that I had earlier were gone. All was good.

I leave you with this little story.

Hubster and Teenster came home for lunch yesterday. Hubster had taken his motorcycle to work and therefore that is how they came home. UB made a comment about that to them and said, "Two guys riding one motorcycle? I just don't get it."

I don't think Hubster liked that comment.

No comments:

counter