Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The toads are trying to take over my Homestead

At about 8 pm, we start seeing these toads emerge from their dwelling underneath the grass. They have a hole by the side of the sidewalk in which there seems to be about 50 toads that live there. I'm not kidding either. When the first one pops up and realizes that all is well, they start coming out after the leader. Toad after toad after toad after.....well, you get the picture. We end up seeing lots of toads everywhere. I know they are trying to move into my house, but I'm not going to let them. They watch me with their itty, bitty, bulging eyes and wait until I start walking into the garage, then they start following me.


Every time I see all these toads, I'm reminded of the story in the Bible. The one of the plagues towards the Egyptians. Although, those were frogs, but still.





But when I look around, I see no crickets anywhere. No bugs of any sort. And if you look closely at these toads, you can tell that there is no shortage of food for them.



Last year, before eating all those bugs. This year after eating lots of bugs.

Although, sometimes they end up looking like pancakes when they don't move out of the way when I'm trying to park my car in the garage or backing up. Hey, it's not my fault that they won't move or they try to hide underneath the tires.





I'm sure that they would rather die being run over, than by the boys squeezing their guts out or putting them in a container with no air to breathe.




Kiss me my darling!!!




1 comment:

SUNSHINE MOM said...

You've got interesting critters at your house...let me tell ya...when I saw that tarantula....I got the chills. I've only seen them at science centers....I can't imagine seeing one near my house.

counter