Friday, August 29, 2008

Mowing -vs- Weed eating

We had to mow yesterday evening. All because we have had so much rain that it's making the grass grow extremely fast. I guess I shouldn't complain because there are some of you out there that haven't gotten any rain.

Well, Hubster gave me the option to mow with the riding mower or weed eat. Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to mow. I enjoy riding the mower and the tractor. I am woman, hear me roar.

But, Hubster is a little particular with the way the grass is mowed. Especially if it is connected to our house. It all has to look uniform and such. I just hop on the mower and drive and mow. I see a cricket in the grass and it sees me and we have races as to who can reach a certain part of the yard the quickest.

Or I forget which row I'm on and start a new crooked row. Usually though, the kids end up calling me and I get distracted and somehow end up scalping the grass. Hubster doesn't like that.

We have a pretty big front yard. You can see part of it here.
The only thing I don't like when mowing this yard, is that it is on a hill. I always feel as if I'm going to fall off the mower.


See Hubster's fine lined rows? He mows with precision while I mow with -well, unprecision.
His rows all have to be equal distance apart and the same number of grass on each row. My rows just end up partly scalped and with grass still standing tall where I forgot to mow.
So I chose to weed eat instead. My only problem was that our weed eater had died. The battery had died and I had to recharge it. I went next door to my neighbors to borrow hers. They have a nice one. It's big, long and heavy.



So I weed eated around the trees, around the mailbox and such. I got this crazy whim that I needed to weed eat my neighbors yard because her husband is out of town and it was a little overgrown.
By the time I got up to our house, my arms couldn't take it anymore. I'm a wimp, ok, I get it. Today, my arms are hurting because they are not used to such heavy work. I couldn't even feell them last night.
I guess next time I will just tell Hubster that I'll mow. Even if my lines don't come out perfect.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...your Hubbster sounds exactly like my Hubbster when it comes to his precious lawn. I must say you are brave! I mowed our lawn, ONCE. Apparently I have the same,'unprecision' that you have. After his evaluation of my, non-mowing skills, he re-mowed his precious lawn, diagonal lines and all. I vowed to never mow the lawn again. That was 9 years ago!!

counter