Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What do you find on a nature walk?

I decided to take the boys on a nature walk to celebrate fall. Never mind that it was 90 degrees out there and that the calendar and the news said it was Fall. But I'm thinking that Fall didn't get the memo that it was supposed to make a cool appearance.

Anyway, so I told the boys we were going on a nature walk. Down our country road, to find things that God had created. Along with smelling the beaty of outdoor odor.

We start off with AB listening to his MP3 player and UB carrying his 'backpack' (a small grocery bag) with his cap gun and caps. Just don't know when you might need that stuff.

I asked them, "Can you see something that God created?" "Yes, mom." the answered with excitement in their voices "these bones".

We continued on and I said, "Take a deep breath and tell me what you smell?" They did as I asked and AB said "a dead animal" UB said "my toot".
I could see this little trip was going to be FUN!!!!
So we continued on and we found some branches that the boys used as walking sticks, which later ended up being weapons towards each other.
They found some rocks, some nuts and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes sense only to boys.
On the way back home, I was walking ahead of the boys and this is the conversation they were having.
UB: that was fun right AB?
AB: Yes, I think we found some cool stuff. Those bones rocked! And I even have my cup.
UB: Yes, and I have my nuts.
Aaaahhh, the joys of living in a house with boys.








No comments:

counter