Monday, December 15, 2008

Am I truly listening?

I had been feeling sort of guilty for not doing more during this Christmas time. It being the most wonderful time of the year. I didn't even want to put a tree up. I know, I'm a scrooge, so what.

Anyway, the boys helped put up and decorate the tree and it was fun. They even took out a little one that they have taken over and use it as their 'toy' tree. I will post later on this.

The craziness and business actually was dominating my life. Doing this, doing that. Going here, going there. Getting this, getting that. Well, you get the picture.

I hadn't been feeling the spirit of getting ready for Christmas.

Along this line, there were other issues that were arising in my life.

I had been asking God to show me what it was that He wanted me to do. I took the quiet and the no response as a sign that maybe He was not ready to reveal His plan to me on these certain issues.

Yesterday at church, our pastor was taking about these issues that I had been dealing with. How not to let the business take over our lives because we would miss what God wanted us to see.

He even said that God sometimes wanted us to be alone. Alone with Him.

Have you ever felt like the sermon is speaking directly to you? Well, it couldn't have been any plainer than if the pastor put my name on that sermon yesterday.

I then realized that God was talking to me. I just wasn't listening to Him. Not because I was too busy, but because it wasn't the answer that I wanted to hear.

I felt much better with what I knew God had been telling me and it felt great to know that I wasn't a scrooge.

I had lost focus on the reason for the season. I had allowed the business and craziness to take control of my life.

I am concentrating on making sure that my kids know the true meaning of Christmas. And that they understand it all.


Anyway, I just wanted to relay that message to you out there.

There is a difference between being alone and being lonely, but maybe God is trying to get you alone with Him.

No comments:

counter