Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I sure do like food that's not good for me

I have come to the conclusion (again) that what I eat, affects what I want to accomplish.
In this case, the running.

I had been doing well in eating healthier and smaller portions. Along with walking and running.

Hubster was out of town for a couple of days last week. So that meant that I had to make arrangements to do things differently.

It was a little cold and windy outside and we have come to the conclusion that I am a wimp, so therefore running outside on my hilly driveway was not going to happen.

I could have gone to the gym, but I made an excuse not to go.

So after all the excuses, I became lazy and ate. I ate stuff that was good, but definately not good for me.

And when I went back to the gym yesterday to start again, I could feel how terrible my body felt. With all that extra junk in there.

Of course, it started when I had heartburn at night and couldn't sleep.

I did eat a lot healthier yesterday and my body thanked me. I found these at the grocery store the other day. They are also on this diet. Not that I'm on that diet.

Flatout flatbread. I had never tried them, but they looked good and healthy. Multi grain with some flax and extra fiber. Sounds good right? Yeah, not to me either.

But I figured, why not? Let's give it a try. I could use the extra fiber.

I had it yesterday with a piece of grilled chicken in it, along with lettuce, tomato and some avadaco (my good fat). It was pretty good.

I mean, it's not an authentic tortilla that is scrumptuously made with lard, but it's not bad.

I'm sure there's lots of stuff that you can do with these things.

I just need to figure out what else to do to make them edible for me.

In the meantime, I'll continue to look for ways to eat healthier or smaller portions of my favorite foods in order to accomplish my goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you read my mind with this post today!! that is exactly what I was thinking when I got online!!

Anyway, i do love those flatout things. I used them a lot when I was on WW because they are only worth one point. They are good with chicken salad in them(lots of mustard, less mayo). And it sounds not very good, but you can make a little low-fat pizza with them. Not reall pizza but curbs the craving...if you like pizza.

Anyway, you are beautiful and I'm glad you didn't give up, that' what I struggle with after I eat too much "good" food!!

counter