Friday, January 30, 2009

Turkey tacos

I have been eating bad things since the ice storm. Just wanting some comfort food. My way.

As I was raised eating Mexican food, I am quite picky about the kind of Mexican food I eat. There are only certain Mexican restaurants that I eat out at.

So as I started to redo the way I cook since I'm trying to eat better and getting Hubster off his medications, I made turkey tacos.

Now, I know y'all probably already make turkey tacos. But I had never made some.

Mostly because I like my tacos greasy and with 80/20 meat. Oh joy!!!!!

Well, this is my version of a healthier taco. I thought it was pretty good, but then again, anything with avocado is good.

Turkey Tacos

2 lb ground turkey
sea salt
ground pepper
3 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp.cumin powder
3 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 TB potato starch

Brown the turkey in a skillet, salt and pepper to your taste. Add onion powder. Mix well.
Add potato starch ( trying to be gluten free, but you can use regular flour). Brown with the meat.

Add 2 cups (or more) of water(or broth) add garlic, cumin and chili powder. Cook for about 20 minutes until spices cook with meat.

I don't really know measurements because I just throw it all together, but just taste as you go.

I put mine on warm corn tortillas, added some homemade salsa, avocado and romaine lettuce.

Even Hubster said it wasn't bad.

So there you have it, a healthier version of tacos.

Enjoy!

No comments:

counter