Thursday, April 17, 2008

I think we need a new highlighter

Adventure Boy has been in need of a new Bible. He has a small New Testament that he received when he was born and a Bible for babies. Since he's 7, he doesn't want to use those. I'm not really sure why.

So off we went to go find a more 'mature' Bible. We looked at lots of them. I liked a certain one, but he didn't. While he acts like a child most of the time, he believes he's a big boy.

He didn't want one that looked babyish and didn't want one that had large print. So he settled on one that is geared for older kids.

I do believe AB is OCD because everything has to match and be in particular order. He was on a hunt for a matching cover. I saw a cute one, but he didn't want cute, he wanted matchy.

While we were looking for the Bible, UB wanted to get one as well. I told him we'd get him one at another time. He then wanted to know if he could get a Bible cover for his small New Testament. I really don't know what's wrong with the one that he already has.

We paid for the Bible, got in the car and AB opened his new Bible and wanted me to tell him some verses to read. I'd give him one to read and he'd say "I like that one mom". After a while, he said, "I think the Bible has a lot of verses that I like". Hmmmmm!

We went to Hubster's office to show off the new Bible, AB got a highlighter and life with the Bible is different. Now he wants to highlight all the time. The word is lit up.

UB also highlighted 'universes' in his Bible. Let's just say that there are lots of pages ALL lit up in his little Bible. Lots of 'universes' that he likes.

It was neat to see the face of a 7 yr old when he got a new Bible. It was wonderful to see his face light up because he was eager to read God's word.

I pray that he always has this excitement with God's word. I pray that he hide's God's word in his heart.

***********************************************************
I am off on my Sisterchicks weekend get away.

Talk to ya'll Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your getaway!! Thanks for the Haiku suggestion. I did turn one in...just for fun!!

counter