Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just voicing my opinion

If anyone watched some TV yesterday, you might have seen the picture of Miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana. She is nude with what seems to be a silk sheet of some sort covering her front.

I guess what irritates me about this is that she is only 15 and her parents should have stopped it. They are there to protect her, but yet they displayed her.

In my opinion, taking a picture of a baby with no clothes is completely different than a young woman in no clothes. Miley is being looked up to by lots of other young women. She is a role model of some sort to these young women and then she shows up in a Vanity Fair magazine photo shoot half naked.

I like Hannah Montana. I like that it is a fun, energetic, clean kid show. My boys enjoy watching that show. So I hope that I don't have to explain to my boys why Miley is posing as she is.

Her parents were supposedly at the photo shoot. I'm sorry, but when someone says "take your clothes off", it should be a warning of some sort. Artistic or not, she shouldn't have done it.

My boys look through my Better Homes and Garden magazine and see a woman clad in a bikini promoting a diet pill of some sort. They think she's naked. They start to giggle and point at the picture and say "look, she's naked". UB tore the picture out while AB was looking at it and brought it to me to tell me that AB was looking at a nasty picture. AB said "I still have the legs".

I do want to shield my kids from lots of stuff. I know it's not possible, but I'm going to try to do it as long as I can.

So how do you explain to your kids about this photo that shows Miley the way she is?

1 comment:

Kari said...

I don't let my kids watch the show because I think it is all about chasing boys and I don't want that in my girls head. Her parents and her made a very bad choice which makes me all the more explain to my kids the importance of every choice they make is essential! No matter how little to big! I'm glad I didn't see it! I also explained why a baptist boy shouldn't marry a mormon girl! We explain way too much to our kids anyway!

counter