Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My tan is darker than yours

"What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen."

Hebrews 11:1




Have faith, God will answer your prayers.


*******************************************



We call Isaac our little Mexican boy and Noah our little white boy. We can say that because I'm (for all the technical people out there) Mexican-American and Loren is indeed a white boy.

Isaac is by no means dark complected, but he has a nice olive color that people seem to go pay big bucks for at the tanning salon. In the summer, it turns darker.

Noah just burns. Doesn't tan. Just burns.

Well, yesterday in science we were learning about genetics. I was trying to explain to them that brown eyes were dominant over blue eyes, just like theirs were brown like mine and not blue like their dads.

Isaac says "Noah doesn't have as brown eyes as me. It's because he's not as much as a Mexican as me."

Noah pops up and says " No, I'm a white boy!"

So I have to come in the conversation and explain how they are of mixed breed (in friendlier terms of course).

Isaac then says "Yes, but I'm actually white underneath this tan. I'm just waiting for this tan to go away, then I'll be white."

Poor kid. I guess I should tell him that the only thing white he'll ever have is his hiney that never gets any sun.

1 comment:

Kari said...

If he is waiting to see when he will turn white, I'll wait to see when I turn tan! I guess I'll be tan when you make a mexican out of me. That was too funny of a conversation!

counter