Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Please mommy, can we make a tree forest?

"Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet."

Proverbs 3:24





That seems to be one of my biggest problems. I wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about all the things that need to be done, or weren't done or just worrying about things. Three hours later, and no sleep yet, I realize that if I just lay everything at the foot of the cross and pray, I'm OK. That is when I relax and go back to sleep.


*********************************************************



Adventure Boy and Underwear Boy had been bugging us to put the tree up. But we were all not feeling the greatest on Sunday and just wanted to rest.

So Monday, we went up to the attic and pulled down the tree.

I know, it's just tragic that we don't use a real tree.

Oh well!

So we bring down the tree, but not before Adventure Boy sees this small 3 ft one he says needs to come down as well.

I tell him that he can put it in his room if he wants.

No, he wants it in the living room next to the other one.

My OCB husband is just looking at me like "get that thing out of here, it is not going to look proportioned with the already small looking tree"

You see, we have 9 ft ceilings, but the tree we put up is only 6 1/2 ft. So there is loooooots of room between the ceiling and the top of the tree.

Doesn't look proportioned to ME.

So AB moved the smaller tree to his room, but decided he didn't like it there because he found out that Santa would not deliver presents to his room.

He thinks that by putting two trees together, he will get MORE presents.

But he saw yet another little tree up in the attic and now wants to put it next to the other ones to create some sort of tree forest.

The small tree started off with NO ornaments because I told the boys we would move it later. But I guess later never got here because now there are ornaments on the small tree as well as the bigger small tree.

Today the other tree is supposed to join these two.

Maybe I can read them The tale of Three Trees.

Oh well, it's all for the kids anyway. We'll see how long OCB husband will allow the trees to stay where they are.

No comments:

counter