Thursday, November 1, 2007

Vegetable bars

"A cheerful heart does good like medicine"


Proverbs 17:22




I am constantly reminding my kids about this saying. Especially when all they want to do is gripe and complain about everything. Usually it's Isaac complaining and Noah telling him this verse. That doesn't go very well with the complainer. But eventually he will repeat it with us and he'll smile and be happy.



My problem is saying the verse to apply it to myself. It's easy for me to see when others are not happy, but when I'm complaining and having a pity party for me, I forget this. So I have to stop what I'm doing and repeat it several times and it works. You should try it the next time you are having your own pity party.

***********************************************

My bff Lisa makes these for church gatherings. She finally gave me the recipe and now I make them for our family gatherings. They are quite yummy!!!!

Vegetable Bars

Bottom layer

1 can crescent roll spread in bottom of 11 x 15 pan. Cook according to directions.

Second layer:

8 oz cream cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1 pkg hidden valley dressing mix

Mix together and spread on top of crust

Third layer:

3/4 cup each chopped:

green onions; green or yellow pepper; tomatoes; carrots; broccoli; cauliflower

Mix and spread on top of second layer. Cover with plastic wrap and press vegetables into second layer. Remove plastic and cover with 3/4 cup shredded cheese.

If you are not a vegetable eater, don't worry, this will make you a veggie eater.

No comments:

counter