Thursday, November 29, 2007

When you give a mouse a second chance

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:6

The Father is waiting to hear from you.
**********************************************
We live out in the country on ten acres.

With the ten acres come lots of critters. Small and Big. Like....coyotes(that Cinnamon thinks are her friends), wild turkeys, deer, gophers (that eat up my telephone line) and mice.

Yup, the mice are here trying to get out of the cold. So they try to camp out in our garage.

Cinnamon usually catches them and "plays" with them until she kills them.

Hubster found one on Sunday afternoon and set the traps (you know, those sticky mouse pads).

On Monday morning we had a little friend stuck to the pad.

I was still in my bedroom but I could hear Adventure Boy trying to get his dad to let the poor mouse go. I mean, after all, he was still moving while stuck on that trap.

I guess AB won because he came in happy and said the mouse was gone.

Great, I can't wait to see it again.

Wednesday found another mouse on a different trap. I think it was the same mouse, but what do I know.

AB found it and was telling me the he was going to let it go. I told him no, it just needed to DIE.

Boy, was I a mean mom then. "Mom, remember that this is God's little creature."

OK, so how do you argue with that?

So I said, yes, but it's part of the food chain and it would be dead anyway if the snakes were out or if the hawks were flying around looking for food. Besides, I don't like mice, I don't want mice.
I came in to finish making lunch and AB comes in to get 'something'. I ask what it is "my tweezers mom, so that I can take the mouse off the sticky part"
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH.
I kick him outside, minus the tweezers, and he goes to save the mouse.
He comes running in to tell me he took the mouse off with a stick and put it in a safe place so that dad could see the mouse when he came home from work.
When dad comes home for lunch, he proudly tells him about the mouse he saved.
When we go look at the mouse in this special place AB put him in, we find the mouse..............dead!
Seems that AB thought the mouse would stay put and not run away under a plastic container.
It stayed put alright.
One mouse down, ___ more t0 go.
I just don't get it. The boys say it's not OK to kill the mice, but they sure do like to squeeze the guts out of toads.
What's wrong with that picture?

No comments:

counter