Thursday, December 27, 2007

Quick, open the door before the alarm goes off!

I am notorious for setting the fire alarm off. When it does go off, the alarm people call me to see if I need them to send the fire dept. Thankfully, so far the answer has been no. Although, there have been a couple of times when they couldn't reach me and they called the fire dept. for me.

The boys don't like the loud sound and therefore do whatever it takes to prevent it from happening. Nothing like listening to an alarm that sounds like a freight train going through your house.

I was making some Mexican food for hubsters office. My food doesn't burn, but the sensor to the smoke detector is very sensitive to steam. And you can't make good Mexican food without a little steam.

So while I was making the food, the boys were doing school at the bar. When they heard the sizzle in the pan, Adventure Boy quickly tells Underwear Boy to go run to open the back door while he ran to open the front door.

While they go open doors, I am standing underneath the smoke detector fanning the steam away with a dishcloth. Then AB goes to get the little fan from my bedroom to point directly up towards the smoke detector. We go to great lengths around here to stop the alarm from alarming. Maybe hubster just needs to de sensitize it or something.

But no alarm went off and my enchiladas, rice and beans turned out good. At least I thought so.

No comments:

counter