Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wal-Mart + low prices = ipod

Why does it seem that Wal-Mart is the topic for many blogs? I'm serious, if you google walmart, I'm sure you'd find lots of stories about them.

I have another one for you. I don't like to go to Wal-Mart, but yesterday I had to get some things that I could only find at WM and not Homeland.

Adventure Boy knows how to read, but prefers not to. When we got to Wal-Mart, he proclaimed loudly "mom, look, it say low prices. That means we can get ALL our stuff here because the low prices will save us money"

Underwear Boy just said "yeah, and it also says no smoking".

Teenster let Adventure Boy borrow his game boy. While at WM, he was playing this game boy then said, "well, since I don't have an ipod, I'll just listen to this game boy as an ipod." So he walked around Wal-Mart with this game boy on his shoulder next to his ear. He was even doing that little walk. You know, the one where your knees bend and take small hoppy steps because you are listening to "music" all the while bobbing your head.

AB saw the ipod shuffles and this is how the conversation went:

AB: mom, it's "only" $78, you can get it for me
ME: $78 is a lot of money. I don't have $78.
AB: just put it on your credit card
ME: I don't have a credit card
AB: yes you do, put it on that thing you use
ME: that's a debit card that takes it out of your checking account
AB: but mom, remember what the sign says"
ME: no, I've lost some brain cells since then
AB: It says low prices. So this is a low price. Can we get it and use the credit card?

Do you reckon I use my debit card in front of them way too much?

No comments:

counter