Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do you have a chihuahua for sell?

I received a strange phone call yesterday morning. Come to think of it, I receive strange phone calls quite frequently. Hmm.


Anyway, when I answered, it was a man. I thought it was one of Hubster's friends playing a joke on me. The man had a hick accent while I just had a confused accent.


Here is how the conversation went.


Me: Hello? (notice how we usually answer with a question )

Man: Good morning ma'am!

Me: Good morning.

Man: How are you this morning?

Me: Fine thank you. (my mom taught me good manners. Ha Ha)

Man: Ma'am, I have a question and if I have the wrong number, I apologize in advance.


So now I am a little worried. I was going to tell him this wasn't one of those date numbers you call. Or those new ads that say "call and we can flirt". No sir, that's not this number. Only to Hubster.


Man: Ma'am, do you have a chihuahua for sell?

Me: No sir I don't.

Man: I'm sorry for bothering you ma'am.


How strange that this stranger would call a house that happens to have a chihuahua living here.
What I should have said was:
"Yes sir! Yes, I have a chihuahua, but no sir, she is not for sale. I think I'll keep her."

No comments:

counter