Monday, October 22, 2007

Gingerbread play dough

"Encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone."
1Thessalonians 5:14


Everyone needs encouraging. We need to encourage those that need it, to help them with what they are going through. But we need to make sure that we get encouraged ourselves. By filling up with God's word, his love, his peace. Then we can be patient and encouraging.
***************************************************************
I would like to say that all the devotions on this blog are my thoughts and they may not be what you interpret from the verse, but it's my version of how I interpret the Bible verse.


We had a storm here last night. I don't understand why it always has to storm at night. When I can't see anything. I like to believe that I'm in control of situations, but I know that I'm not. We had wind gusts at 30-40 mph last night before bed. I woke up at 1am to thunder, heavy rain, and the light from the lightning coming in my room. I was sure the boys would be in there any minute, but they slept through it. So I fell back asleep.

This morning we woke up to a brisk 40 degrees. Remember, we had been in the 80's up until now. Welcome home Fall!!!!

It is cloudy and cool outside, so here is a recipe to get the house smelling yummy, but without the calories. I know, no fun, but maybe tomorrow we'll have a fun to eat recipe.

Gingerbread Play dough
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 TB ground cloves
1 TB ground allspice
1 TB ground ginger
1 TB ground cinnamon
2 TB vegetable oil
1 cup water
#combine all ingredients in a large bowl
#mix well
#knead until smooth

No comments:

counter