Friday, October 26, 2007

The loser

"Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them."
Proverbs 4:5



There are days when we seem to need more wisdom than others, but no matter what it is we need, we can go to God and he will give it to us. God wants us to need him. He wants us to go to him for all our needs. He's ready to share all he has with us, so go get it!!!
********************************************************
One of my favorite authors is Shel Silverstein. And one of my favorite poems in his Where the Sidewalk Ends book is the following.
The Loser
Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playing with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now it's gone.
And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it,
And I can't call to it
'Cause my mouth is on it
(Couldn't hear me anyway
'Cause my ears are on it),
Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute....

That's me today. We were headed to the park and I couldn't find my glasses. (I need them to drive) I was looking everywhere. But I guess not really everywhere because when I rubbed my eye I found my glasses on me. And while looking for my sunglasses that clip on to my glasses, I was looking all over the passenger side of the seat, but I couldn't find them. So I put my arm on the arm rest to back out of the driveway and I find them. Then my cell phone was ringing, but I couldn't find it in my car, so what do you think I found 'ringing' in my jean pocket? You guessed it. The other day I was looking for my pen and couldn't find it, someone pointed out that it was in my hair. Repeat after me "I AM NOT GETTING OLD"!!!!!

************************************************

No comments:

counter