Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is the phone for me?

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7




No matter how many wrinkles or gray hairs we have, God loves us anyway. He looks at our hearts. And when we fill our hearts with his word and through prayer, it doesn't matter what we look like on the outside because he sees our heart. And he knows.


*******************************************************



I often wonder why it is that a phone is a magnetic attraction for kids. I can be doing laundry, sweeping, mopping, cleaning windows (oh wait, I don't do that). But it doesn't matter what I'm doing, the kids are destroying the house on their own. As soon as that phone rings and I am on it, they want my undivided attention.



It doesn't matter who I'm talking to on the other end of that phone, they come running and start jumping on me or doing that poke. You know, the one that they use their pointer finger and start poking or jabbing your arm or rib with. Poke,poke, poke, poke, jab harder, jab harder, poke jab, poke jab, until you acknowledge them.



They don't really care what they want to tell you, they just want you to listen. Every once in a while they know I'm distracted on the phone and they do something crazy like use my curling iron to iron plastic blue hair. But for the most part, they just want to tell me something.



Like the time I was on the phone and Isaac was jabbing me to tell me that Noah was jumping off the bunk bed with a sheet as his cape, because he was superman. Or the time that Noah was trying to climb (literally) the walls because he was dressed in his spiderman costume and well, that's just what spiderman does. Or when Noah was trying to swing off the hanging light fixture that is over the kitchen bar area.



Isaac has done his share of things, like when Noah came in to poke me to tell that Isaac was going to blow something up. When I sneak up on him, he's put the air mattress pump attatched to a cable of some sort, then put into a lunch box so that the lunch box can blow up.


I say they get these ideas from their daddy!

I guess I'd rather have him try to blow up a lunch box than blow up his brother. That's another story.




It doesn't matter if I lock myself up in the bathroom, the closet or in the vehicle, they find me. I guess it's their way of telling me to keep it short. Gotta love them!!

No comments:

counter