Sunday, October 21, 2007

The sprinkler

"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,

because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8:27


Sometimes we don't know exactly what to pray for. Our hearts are heavy with burden, either for ourselves or family or friends. But the Holy Spirit in us knows exactly what to pray for. So when you don't know what to pray for, have faith in the spirit and know that your prayers will be answered according to God's will.
****************************************************************
I'm going to share a story with ya'll that happened to me several weeks ago. We have an interim pastor and has wife that have been with us for several months while we look for a new pastor. They have a dog named Frawwwnce. I have no idea how to spell it, so I'll just spell it as I pronounce it. This family lives on the weekends, in a travel trailer in the church parking lot. They are a wonderful couple and the dogs not too bad.
The boys love to take Frawwwnce on a walk after church to do his business. I teach Sunday school and usually have my stuff in a brown paper sack. One Sunday after church, we were all standing around outside watching my boys take Frawwwnce for a walk. Then I see Frawwwnce approach me, but don't think anything about it. When I look down again, I notice him sniffing my brown paper sack that has all my sunday school books, bible, food and whatever else the boys throw in there. Before I can react and do something about it, he lifts his little back leg and starts to tinkle on my sack.

It's like watching in slow motion, where you think you can do something about it, but you are in shock and can't react quick enough. Of course, my boys think this is hilarious, and the interim and his wife are extremely embarrased, but I just stand there and smile dumbfoundedly.

When he walks towards me and starts sniffing me, I snap out of my shockness and tell him to go away. I think Frawwwnce wanted to sprinkle me with tinkle.

************************************************************


The boys at the pumpkin patch! It's hard to believe that it is October and still 80 degrees outside. I'm ready for some Fall weather.

No comments:

counter